The Warm Audio WA-47F is a faithful recreation of a classic, large-diaphragm FET microphone celebrated as a "secret weapon" across world-class studios. The original U47 FET was released in 1969 and became wildly popular due to its exceptional ability to handle fast transients and high SPL, great for capturing huge kick-drum and massive guitar-/bass-cabinet sounds. The custom-tuned frequency response and low-noise circuitry help add a pristine edge to solo vocals, rendering sound with meticulous detail—just like the original.
Faithful Recreation of a Classic, No-Compromise Design, Premium Components
The WA-47F offers elite build quality with boutique components (including premium Fairchild transistors) for a no-compromise design. This faithful recreation of a high-SPL, low-noise Classic brings excellent sonic versatility to your recording setup.
WA-47-B-80v K47-Style Capsule
The WA-47F uses a premium reproduction of the vintage K47-style capsule found in the original microphone for a wide frequency response that brings out all the details of your sound—gold-sputtered, large-diaphragm, single backplate capsule
Custom TAB-Funkenwerk USA Output Transformer
The large-core imported German laminations drive the punchy, powerful sound captured by the capsule.
Exceptional High-SPL Handling
Outstanding for kick drums, horns, and cranked guitar/bass amps, the WA-47F easily handles high SPLs up to 137 dB and 147 dB with 10 dB pad engaged.
Includes Premium Wood Box
Safely store your mic anywhere with the included premium wood box and mount the mic to any stand with the integrated, swivel hard mount.
- Outer (external) kick drum mic
- Vocalists with stronger upper mids
- Upright bass
- Bass and guitar cabinets
- Primary Applications: Studio Recording
- Form Factor: Large Diaphragm Mic
- Intended Sound Sources: Vocals, Electric Guitar, Electric Bass, Double Bass, Kick Drum
- Sound Field: Mono
- Capsule: 1 x Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Orientation: Side Address
- Circuitry: Solid-State (FET)
- Pad: -10 dB
- High-Pass Filter: 140 Hz
- On-Board Controls: High-Pass Filter, Pad
- Frequency Range: 40 Hz to 16 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 137 dB SPL, 147 dB SPL (with Pad)
- Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Load Impedance: > 1 Kilohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 69 dB, 76 dB A-Weighted
- Equivalent Noise Level: 25 dB, 18 dB A-Weighted
- Output Connectors (Analog): 1 x XLR 3-Pin Male (on Mic)
- Headphone Connector: None
- Operating Voltage: 48 V
- Color: Nickel
- Mounting: Mic Clip/Stand Adapter (Included)
- Mounting Thread Size: 5/8"-27 Female
- Included Case: Hard Case
- Dimensions: ø: 2.75H: 8" / ø: 6.99H: 20.3 cm
- Weight: 3.5 lb / 1.6 kg (Total), 2 lb / 0.9 kg (Microphone, without Mount)
- Package Weight: 4.435 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 12.8 x 7.7 x 6"