Designed for recording and mixing stereo tracks, the BUS-COMP is Warm Audio's take on a classic VCA bus compressor, one made famous by companies such as Solid State Logic. This is a clean, stereo compressor, one quite suited to handling the dynamics of stereo instruments. It's also handy for stereo-buss work, imparting the sonic glue VCA compressors are known for.
The BUS-COMP takes a classic design and adds some nifty improvements, such as the ability to switch CineMag transformers in and out of the signal path at the press of a button. With this feature, you can opt for sonic transparency or colorful vibe with the touch of your finger.
The BUS-COMP also offers a selectable high-pass filter, a sidechain input, a useful bypass/engage switch for making comparisons, and a versatile I/O path. Indeed, you'll find XLR and 1/4" TRS terminations used in both the inputs and outputs.
- All analog, 2-channel stereo VCA compressor
- Based on legendary VCA compressor technology
- Selectable discrete opamp stage with CineMag USA transformers
- External sidechain source select
- Selectable Hi-pass Filter at 30, 60, 105, 125, and 185 Hz
- Compressor engage switch for easy comparisons
- Performs well on stereo mixes, drum mixes, drum overheads, acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, orchestral instruments, voice-overs, and endless other sources
- Can be used on mono as well as stereo sources
- Uses THAT 2180 VCA IC
- Provides both XLR and 1/4" TRS connectivity
- Connections: 1 x XLR Sidechain Input. 2 x XLR Inputs. 2 x 1/4" TRS Inputs. 2 x XLR Outputs. 2 x 1/4" TRS Outputs
- Compressor Character: VCA
- VCA: THAT 2180 ICs
- Controls: Threshold Knob, Attack Knob, Ratio Knob, Release Knob, High-Pass Filter Knob Make-Up Gain Knob, Compressor/Bypass Switch, External Sidechain Switch, Transformer Engage Switch
- High-Pass Filter: At 30, 60, 105, 125, and 185 Hz
- Noise: < -90 dBu
- Headroom: > +29 dBu (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: > 120 dB
- Frequency Response: 18 Hz to 22 kHz
- THD + N: < 0.05% (20 Hz to 20 kHz, +20 dBu Input)
- Impedance: Input: 10 Kilohms. Output: 50 Ohms
- Dimensions: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Weight: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Package Weight: 10.18 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 24.4 x 14 x 4.1"