By merging a true large-diaphragm, vintage-inspired condenser capsule with the convenience of USB Type-C connectivity, the 512 AUDIO Tempest USB Microphone presents content creators, podcasters, and music makers with a straightforward way to capture quality audio to virtually any Mac or Windows computer. The 1.3" gold-plated capsule is voiced akin to Warm Audio's WA-47jr pro studio condenser mic, delivering a wide frequency response and detailed sound for vocals, speech, and acoustic instruments.
With simple plug-and-play operation and tactile controls for headphone volume, mic gain, and mic mute, Tempest integrates smoothly into varied workflows while the cool violet capsule LED provides an attention-grabbing visual element on camera. The mic's cardioid polar pattern allows it to reduce the pickup of background noise behind the mic, so the sound source in front of the mic is captured clearly. Zero-latency headphone monitoring ensures easy listening, free of distracting echo.
Pro Mic Origins
Drawing on the design and sound profile of the professional Warm Audio WA-47jr studio condenser mic, Tempest features a vintage-inspired, 1.3" gold-plated condenser capsule and 24-bit / 48 kHz resolution that brings pristine studio sound to your desktop.
Quickly adjust the headphone volume, mic gain (sensitivity), and mic mute with controls on the front of the microphone. When the mute LED is red, Tempest is muted. While the mic is powered on, the violet capsule LED will illuminate.
Zero-Latency Stereo Headphone Output
Tempest features an industry-standard 3.5mm headphone jack for simple and easy zero-latency monitoring for when you're recording or streaming.
Because creator setups frequently change, Tempest includes a desktop stand, space-saving hard mount, and professional shockmount for connecting to a mic stand or boom arm.
USB Type-C Connection
Tempest connects to any Mac or Windows computer with the included USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable.
- Primary Applications: Studio Recording, Broadcast, Podcast, Web-Streaming
- Form Factor: Large Diaphragm Mic / Stand/Boom Mount
- Intended Sound Sources: Vocals, Speech/Voice Over, Instrument
- Sound Field: Mono
- Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Capsule: Condenser
- Diaphragm: 1.3" / 34 mm
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Orientation: Side Address
- Circuitry: Solid-State
- Pad: None
- High-Pass Filter: None
- Tone Adjustment: None
- Gain Adjustment: Up to +45 dB
- Indicators: 1 x Violet Single LED (Power), 1 x Red Single LED (Mute)
- On-Board Controls: Gain/Sensitivity, Headphone Volume, Mic Mute
- Windscreen: None
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Output Connectors (Analog): None
- Output Connectors (Digital): 1 x USB Type-C Female (on Mic)
- Headphone Connector: 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm
- Wireless Connectivity: None
- Bluetooth: None
- A/D Conversion: 24-Bit
- Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- Operating System Support: Windows, macOS/OS X, OS Compatibility Windows, macOS, *As of February, 2022: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility: None
- Available Port: USB 2.0
- Bus Power: USB
- Operating Voltage: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Color: Black
- Mounting: Desktop Stand, Mic Clip/Stand Adapter, Shockmount (Included)
Mounting Thread Size: 5/8"-27 Female
- Included Case: None
- Included Filters: None
- Package Weight: 2.855 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 11.2 x 8.9 x 4.3"