- Dual Omnidirectional Microphones
- Records WAV Files at 16-Bit/44.1 kHz
- Onboard Channel, Reverb and Mastering FX
- XLR and 1/4" TS Inputs
- Mini USB 2.0 Output
- Integrated Metronome and Tuner
- Includes 2GB SD Card
- 5.5 Hours of Operation on 4 AA Batteries
- RCA Stereo Line Output
- 1/8" Stereo Headphone Output
The DP-008EX 8-Track Digital Pocketstudio from Tascam is a compact, battery-powered multitrack recorder, featuring two built-in omnidirectional condenser microphones and WAV file resolution up to 16-bit/44.1kHz. Additionally, two balanced XLR inputs and two unbalanced 1/4" TS inputs can be used to record mic, line or Hi-Z instrument signals. The XLR inputs have switchable +48V Phantom power. Designed with analog functionality and dedicated control knobs, the DP-008EX is ideal for on-the-spot recording. A Mini USB 2.0 output facilitates high-speed file transfer to your Mac or PC.
The DP-008EX features onboard effects on all its input channels. Compressor, 2-band shelving EQ, de-esser and exciter are available on each track. Additionally, the DP-008EX has six different types of reverb built-in. Mastering effects for the stereo mix are also included, offering 2-band EQ, multi-band compression and normalizing. An Auto Analysis Mastering tool is also included, making the process easy, just choose between Natural or Maximum.
The DP-008EX provides a line output on a stereo pair of RCA jacks, as well as an 1/8" stereo headphone output. An integrated chromatic tuner and metronome help you perfect your performance. For elongated battery life, the DP-008EX is compatible with Tascam's BP-6AA external battery pack. It can also be powered by the PS-P520 AC adapter. Both alternative powering solutions are sold separately.
Versatile Recording and Data Transfer
The DP-008EX can record, import and export 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files. It is compatible with both mono and stereo files.
Recording Media Included
The DP-008EX records WAV files to SD/SDHC cards up to 32GB, a 2GB card is included. High-speed data transfer is available through the onboard USB 2.0 port. Your files can then be imported to your favorite DAW.
Recording / Playback Engines
The DP-008EX can record 2 mono tracks or 1 stereo track simultaneously. It offers up to 8 tracks of simultaneous playback.
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Number of Tracks: 8
- Maximum Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz / 16-Bit
- Built-In Microphone: 2 x Omnidirectional Condenser
- Analog Audio I/O: 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Headphone Output, 1 x Stereo RCA Coaxial Unbalanced Line Output, 2 x 1/4" TS Unbalanced Line Input, 2 x XLR 3-Pin Balanced Mic Input
- USB (Non-Host): 1 x Mini-USB (USB 2.0, External Storage)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +1/-3 dB
- Maximum Input Level Line Inputs: +6 dBV
- Mic Inputs: +8 dBu
- Maximum Output Level Line Outputs: +6 dBV
- Headphone Output Power: 20 mW per Channel into 32 Ohms (Max, 0.1% THD)
- Impedance Mic Inputs: 2.4 Kilohms
- Mic/Line Inputs: ≥ 10 Kilohms
- Hi-Z Inputs: 1 Megohm
- SNR: > 81 dB
- THD: < 0.05%
- Supported Media: SD Card
- Memory Card Slot: 1 x SDHC
- Supported Media Capacity SD/SDHC: 32 GB Minimum
- File System Support: Tascam (MTR), FAT32
- OS Compatibility: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, macOS 10.2 or Later
In the Box
- TASCAM DP-008EX 8-Track Digital Pocketstudio
- 2GB SD Card
- 4 x AA Battery
- 31.5" (80cm) USB Cable
- Limited 1-Year Warranty