If you're in need of something a little more versatile than a conventional USB microphone, check out the Samson G-Track Pro, which expands versatility to a high-quality condenser microphone with a built-in USB audio interface—one that can easily record guitars, basses, and other instruments. Plug this spiffy black G-Track Pro into your computer, and you can record yourself singing and playing guitar without any other device.
That's the headline, but under the hood are a bevy of useful features. You can record two dedicated tracks, for example, so you can mix the vocals and instruments independently after the recording. A built-in mixer is also on hand to control levels, give you the ability to monitor headphones, and mute the input signal at will. With multiple polar patterns built into the mic, the G-Track can give you a variety of sounds tailored to your particular recording situation. An integrated stand and an included USB cable make it easy to get up and running.
A Great Sound for Your Recordings
The G-Track Pro is equipped with 1" dual capsules that capture the nuances of your voice or instrument.
Multiple Polar Patterns for Multiple Uses
To optimize the sound of your recording, three selectable polar patterns—Cardioid, Figure-8, and Omnidirectional—allow you to choose what the mic picks up and rejects. Use Cardioid to home in on your voice, or use Figure-8 if you're harmonizing with a friend. Omnidirectional will pick up the whole room evenly, which also has its benefits. The point is this: you get to experiment!
Built-In High-Quality Audio Interface
The built-in audio interface captures 96 kHz/24-bit audio, which is on the high-end of what professional studios use. The interface itself includes a 1/4" mono instrument input that enables singer/songwriters to quickly capture vocal and instrument performances simultaneously. The mic and instrument can be recorded on the same tracks for streaming content or on separate tracks for postproduction editing.
The built-in mixer offers independent volume controls for the mic and instrument, 3.5mm stereo/headphone output with independent level, and a mute button that silences the input signals when needed. The monitoring system allows you to choose a variety of playback options for headphones or monitors, with zero-latency monitoring of the input signals.
Great Includes and Integrations
The G-Track Pro features an integrated desktop base and die-cast zinc construction with a heavy-gauge mesh grille. It ships with a USB cable.
- Primary Applications: Studio Recording, Podcast
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Intended Sound Sources: Vocals, Speech/Voice Over, Instrument
- Sound Field: Mono
- Capsule: 2 x Condenser
- Diaphragm: 1" / 25.40 mm
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional
- Pattern Selection: Switched
- Orientation: Side Address
- Circuitry: Solid-State
- Pad: None
- High-Pass Filter: None
- Gain Adjustment: Yes
- Indicators: 1 x Amber/Green/Red Single LED (Clip, Mute, Power, Status)
- On-Board Controls: Gain/Sensitivity, Headphone Volume, Mic Mute, Polar Pattern
- Frequency Range: 50 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL
- Sensitivity: 6 dBFS
- Output Connectors (Analog): None
- Output Connectors (Digital): 1 x USB Type-B
- Input Connectors: 1 x 1/4" TS Female (on Mic)
- Headphone Connector: 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm
- Wireless Connectivity: None
- Bluetooth: None
- A/D Conversion: 24-Bit
- Sample Rate: 96 kHz
- Operating System Support: Windows, macOS/OS X
- OS Compatibility: Windows, macOS. *As of November, 2019: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
- Available Port: USB (Interface Unspecified)
- Bus Power: USB
- Operating Voltage: 5 V
- Mounting: Tabletop (with Included Hardware), Shockmount (with Optional Hardware)
- Mounting Thread Size: Included Mount Has No Threading
- Included Case: None
- Included Filters: None
- Construction Material: Zinc
- Dimensions: ø: 4.5 x L: 10.5" / ø: 114.3 x L: 266.7 mm
- Weight: 3.52 lb / 1.6 kg