The Pinnacle 4 is designed for bass players who demand an eye-catching instrument that delivers an enormous range of sounds. Thoughtful design details created an evenly balanced instrument which feels comfortable whether you play standing or sitting. The deep cut lower horn offers easy access to the upper reaches of the neck. The swamp ash body provides a balanced tone and the ornately-burled poplar top gives the instrument a distinctive look. Maple and walnut are layered to create a rock-solid five-piece neck, and the slim shape inspires confidence while performing. Diamond inlays and glow-in-the-dark side markers add a special touch to the rich ebony fretboard.
The Pinnacle 4 is able to create that perfect tone, whether in a concert performance, recording in the studio, or simply knocking out tunes in rehearsal. Two custom-wound Rockfield MDC4 humbucker pickups provide a modern, fat sound with potent midrange punch. This increased output of the dual coils produces a full, meaty voice that can sing with amazing sustain. Each pickup is equipped with a dedicated coil-split switch. Splitting the pickup coils to single-coil configuration will deliver a more airy, classic tone.
The push-pull Master Volume knob engages the active preamp. In the active mode, the MK Custom 3-band EQ offers simple control shaping of the instrument’s sound. Selecting the passive mode calls up an authentic “old-school” tone. It is this inclusive combination of pickups, coil-splitting, pickup blending, and the active MK 3-band EQ that assure an endless range of signature sounds for each player.
The diecast MCN4 bridge allows individual side-to-side saddle adjustments for variable string spacing by up to 1.5mm to optimize the instrument to your playing preferences. An exposed spoked truss rod wheel at the base of the fingerboard makes any needed adjustments quick and easy.
- Top: Poplar Burl
- Body: Swamp Ash
- Neck: 5 Piece, Maple and Walnut
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 24 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Diamond with Glow-in-the-dark side markers
- Scale Length 34 inch / 894 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action with spoke wheel at the base of the fretboard
- Neck Profile Standard C
- Neck Width: Nut: 1.57” / 40 mm
- 24 Fret: 2.44” / 62 mm
- Nut Material: Synthetic Graphite
- Nut Width: 40 mm
- Strings: D’Addario .045-105
- Electronics: Master Volume with push-pull for Active/Passive switching, Pickup Balance, Bass, Mid, Treble, 2x Mini Toggle Pickup Coil Split
- Neck Pickup: Rockfield MDC4
- Bridge Pickup: Rockfield MDC4
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Keys: MK Diecast
- Bridge Type: MCN4 with side-to-side string spacing adjustment