The Hybrid Special allows you to quickly switch from powerful electric guitar tones to big acoustic guitar sounds with the flip of the switch. Thin and lightweight, the chambered semi-hollow body provides acoustic resonance while producing a sweet, clear tone.
Two custom voiced Rockfield SWC humbucker pickups with coil splitting allow the guitar to deliver everything from super clean twang tones to thick drippy drive sounds. A Fishman® under-saddle pickup with Fishman® Powerchip delivers a rich acoustic tone. The electric and acoustic signals are combined when using a standard guitar cable, or separated via a Y-cable to deliver isolated signals to electric or acoustic amplifiers for maximum sonic impact.
The 2 Output Option
Unlock the full potential of your MK Hybrid with a Y-cable. This allows you to send the signal from the magnetic pickups to one amp or channel and the signal from the acoustic tone to another. This lets you perfect your sound.
NOTE: Use of Y-cable is optional, use regular cable to a single amp or channel, no problem!
- Top: Ziricote or Spalt Maple
- Body: Chambered Mahogany
- Binding: 5-ply white - black
- Construction: Set Neck
- Neck: Mahogany
- Binding: Single-Ply White
- Fretboard: Pau Ferro
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Abalone Block (on pre 2019 models) / Mother of Pearl (2019 and newer models)
- Scale Length 24.75 in / 628.65 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Modern C
- Nut Material: Synthetic Graphite
- Nut Type: Standard
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (.010-.046)
- Electronics: Blended acoustic guitar and electric guitar tones with included
- Fishman® Powerchip and Fishman® under-saddle pickup. Control with special 3-way pickup selector to select: humbuckers | acoustic | blended
- Neck Pickup: Rockfield® SWC w/ push-pull coil split
- Bridge Pickup: Rockfield SWC w/ push-pull coil split
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Grover®
- Bridge Type: Pau Ferro MK Acoustic