Featuring white LEDs, The Fin Dynamic Chrome Vocal Microphone from Heil Sound is a dynamic vocal microphone with vintage deep-chrome plated construction that delivers great vocal reproduction and charm. The Fin uses a highly sensitive neodymium, boron and iron magnet with a large 1-1/18" aluminum low mass voice coil assembly for exceptional frequency response and mid-range reproduction. Its tight cardioid polar pattern aids against off-axis noise and feedback. A windscreen is internally mounted within the grill, and four LEDs illuminate the capsule.
The frequency response is 50 Hz to 18 kHz with a mid range at 4 kHz. The steel body is copper plated and then double chrome plated producing a deep chrome finish. A blue molded internal foam windscreen inside the grill covers the dynamic microphone element mounted in a specially tooled rubber shock mount.
The four LED lamps mounted inside can only be illuminated when using The FIN with one of the 3-pin balanced XLR inputs of a professional mixing console that supplies a 48V phantom down the balanced microphone line.
The microphone audio will also work with unbalanced low impedance inputs typically found on amateur radios, communications audio or simple public announcement systems. None of these will have the proper voltage to illuminate the lamps, but the microphone will fully work.
Standard 5/8"-27 microphone stand threads allow The Fin to be mounted on booms or floor stands.
- Special "showchrome" finish
- Molded internal foam windscreen
- Four LED lights mounted inside
- Natural, clear sound
- Designed especially for live sound, recording, and broadcast applications
- Primary Applications: Live Sound
- Form Factor: Large Diaphragm Mic / Stand/Boom Mount
- Intended Sound Sources: Vocals
- Sound Field: Mono
- Capsule: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Orientation: Side Address
- Frequency Range: 50 Hz to 18 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 142 dB SPL
- Impedance: 600 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -55 dB at 1 kHz
- Output Connectors (Analog): 1 x XLR 3-Pin
- Headphone Connector: None
- Operating Voltage: 48 V
- Mounting: Mounting Thread (via Integrated Hardware)
- Mounting Thread Size: 5/8"-27 Female
- Included Case: None
- Included Filters: None
- Weight: 24.9 oz / 705.91 g