The LX8500 is a compact 800 watt amplifier designed for the big gig. Lean and remarkably robust, the LX8500 brings the thump, growl and bite you expect from your favorite amplifier without the back-breaking setup. Weighing in at just 8.5 pounds, this amplifier features a responsive 12AX7 tube-powered preamp that adds plenty of warmth and bassy richness, backed up by 800-watts of real, continuous power.
he Hartke tone stack EQ section is tailored to capture the character of the bass guitar as soon as you plug in. Equipped with traditional Treble and Bass knobs, as well as a footswitch selectable mid filter Frequency knob and Shape knob that sets the depth of the filter. The Brite button can be selected to boost high frequencies, bringing out the top-end of the bass as well as highlight natural harmonic overtones.
The LX8500 provides essential onboard effects designed to enhance your playing and add extra options to your tonal arsenal. An all new integrated Drive control can be used to add a touch of grit or throttled-out for an authentic fuzz tone and is selectable via foot switch. A variable Compressor knob can be used to smooth out transients, add punch and presence to your attack – as well as balance dynamics for players that employ slapping, tapping and thumb-picking techniques
The ideal amplifier for the stage, studio and practice room, the LX8500 offers all the essential connections and features in a single compact and lightweight package. An XLR Direct Out with a Pre and Post EQ selection allows for direct connection to a PA or recording console. An 1/8″ headphone output allows for silent practice sessions while an 1/8″ auxiliary input can be used to connect phones or MP3 players. An effects loop with Send and Return connections can be used with your favorite time-based effects as well as onboard 1/4″ tuner output. The LX8500 features two TRS footswitch inputs to engage Drive, Effects Loop, Brite and Frequency parameters.
• 800 watts of continuous power @ 4 ohms
• Class D bass amplifier that weighs 8.5 lbs.
• Classic 12AX7 Class A tube preamp circuitry
• Tone stack EQ with Bass, Treble, Shape and Frequency controls
• Brite button for top-end presence
• Drive circuit for added distortion effect
• Compressor knob controls bass dynamics
• 1/4″ input jack compatible with active and passive instruments
• 1/4″ and twist-and-lock speaker jacks (compaitble with Speakon® connectors)
• 1/4″ Effects Send and Return jacks
• 1/8″ Aux input
• 1/8″ Headphone output
• 1/4″ Tuner Output
• Balanced XLR direct output with pre/post switch
• Output Mute switch
• 2 x TRS footswitch jacks for Drive, Effects Loop, Bite and Frequency parameters