The Symphony I/O Mk II from Apogee Electronics is an advanced, flexible multi-channel audio interface featuring the newest flagship AD/DA conversion, modular I/O (up to 32 inputs and outputs), and an intuitive touchscreen display. The chassis provides two I/O Module slots for a variety of digital audio conversion options that form the interface side of the Symphony I/O Mk II. The front-panel touch screen offers convenient access to nearly every setting including sample rate, clock source, headphone & speaker output levels, meters for all I/O and section navigation, as well as input levels, digital I/O, and configuration settings.
The rear panel provides access to the two I/O Module slots that are capable of a combined thirty-two channels of input and output, while the two Thunderbolt connectors ensure compatibility with newer Mac computers. Also included are Wordclock I/O connectors & termination, an option card slot, and a quiet digitally-controlled fan to keep everything running cool.
The Symphony I/O Mk II features a single ultra-high-fidelity DAC and headphone amplifier with Apogee's Constant Current Drive technology, which was first introduced in the Apogee Groove. The headphone amplifier dynamically compensates for non-linearities of any connected headphones, providing massive power while maintaining extremely low distortion and linear frequency response.
The optional five I/O Modules allow the user to choose from standard configurations, or customize the following – channel count, analog to digital input, digital to analog output, microphone preamps (requires an analog card), and digital I/O.
- Legendary AD/DA conversion
- Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O with optional 8 mic preamps
- Ultra-low latency performance
- Intuitive touchscreen display and front panel control
- Option card slot for future platform flexibility
- Dynamic Temperature Control
- Designed in California, built in the U.S.A.
- ADC THD+N: -114 dB @ 22 dBu (0.00020%)
- Dynamic Range: 122 dB (A weighted)
- Maximum Input Levels:
- +4 dB Setting: +24 dBu
- -10dB Setting: +6 dBV
- Frequency Response at 44.1 kHz: 1 Hz to 20 kHz (±0.05 dB)
- Input impedance: 10 kOhms
- DAC THD+N: -117 dB @ 21 dBu (0.00014%)
- Dynamic Range: 129 dB (A weighted)
- Max Output Levels: -∞ to +24 dBu
- Frequency Response at 44.1 kHz: DC to 20 kHz (±0.05 dB)
- Output Impedance: 25 Ohms
- Outputs are balanced through Apogee's proprietary Perfect Symmetry Circuitry (PSC)
- Headphone Stereo Headphone Output (Front Panel): 1/4" / 6.35 mm
- -110 dB @ 19 dBu into 600 Ohm (=80 mW)
- -101 dB @ 14 dBu into 32 Ohm (=470 mW)
- Dynamic Range: 121 dB (A weighted)
- Output: Apogee's proprietary Constant Current Drive provides smooth frequency response with any headphones
- System Requirements Computer: Thunderbolt-equipped Mac
- Memory: 4 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB RAM recommended
- OS X 10.9.5 or greater
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)