The Centavo Overdrive Pedal from Warm Audio has been painstakingly engineered to faithfully recreate the highly sought after tones of the vintage Klon Centaur Professional Overdrive pedal in production during the 1990s and prized by players like Jeff Beck, Joe Perry, John Mayer, and Josh Homme. The flexible Centavo is terrific as a boost pedal. Dial in a little gain for a clean boost, or crank up the treble for edge-of-breakup and biting overdriven tones.
The custom-molded champagne-gold chassis offers Gain, Treble, and Output controls on the front panel, along with a Mod switch on the back that engages the Jeff Beck Mod, which changes the value on the high-pass filter to provide an extended low-end response from the guitar's lower strings.
- Faithful recreation of the original Klon Centaur circuit
- Premium components including TL072 op-amps, vintage-style diodes, and charge-pump regulator
- Buffered bypass operation
- MOD switch on rear for extended low-end response
- Custom-cast golden enclosure with accurately tapered oxblood knobs
- 1/4" instrument input (Inst) and amp output (Amp) jacks
- Powered by 9V battery or standard 9 VDC pedal adapter
With the Gain down and the Output up, the pedal acts like a clean boost that adds a little bite to the channel as you increase the Gain; this was a very popular use for the original Klon Centaur pedal.
The original pedal is also well known as a great pedal to add in front of a dirty channel, whether used with a British (think Marshall) or American (Boogie) amp. Unlike the clean boost settings, players often engage the gain more here, so it hits the channel extra hard, with overdrive coming from the pedal.
If you want to take a channel to a nice transparent overdrive sound for rhythms or gritty solos over clean parts, the Gain knob has a lot on tap and offers a wide range of usable saturation while keeping the character of the amp and guitar well preserved.
- Audio I/O: 1 x 1/4" TS Hi-Z/Instrument Input, 1 x 1/4" TS Hi-Z/Instrument Output
- Power Source: AC Input (Not Included), Battery
- Battery Type: 1 x 9 V
- DC Input Power: 9 VDC
- Color: Gold