Bring the classic, high-fidelity sound of an AKG C12 to your studio with the Warm Audio WA-CX12 Large-Diaphragm 9-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone, a faithful recreation of one of the most natural-sounding, unattainable tube condenser microphones of all time. Used over and over again by some of the world's most recognized engineers and artists, the original microphone stands out as open, airy, and nuanced due to its ability to emphasize "musical" midrange and smooth out high-end harshness. Great for solo vocalists, pianos performances, guitar and bass cabinets, and epic room sounds, the mic is a popular choice for rock, pop, jazz, and RnB recordings.
Pairing a CK12-style capsule with a large-core TAB-Funkenwerk USA output transformer, no-compromise premium components, and Warm Audio's elite build quality, the WA-CX12 delivers that iconic sound that no personal or professional mic locker is complete without.
Faithful Recreation of the Original AKG C12
Warm Audio's WA-CX12 specifically recreates the original run of C12s produced by AKG in Austria from 1953 to 1963 (with less than 2500 made).
Custom, Solid Brass CK12-Style Capsule
The WA-12-B-60V dual capsule is edge-terminated and custom-machined out of solid brass. It is meticulously spec'd to match the detail and warmth of the original.
Premium Tube and Capacitors
Rigorously tested, hand-selected 12AY7 vacuum tube and capacitors.
Custom TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA Output Transformer
The large-core, imported German laminations drive all of the full natural sound captured by the capsule.
Smooth Highs and Vibrant Midrange
The WA-CX12 captures organic and natural sounding tones with pleasing high end and colorful midrange to capture nuanced, musical recordings.
9 Polar Patterns
Including cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 patterns plus 6 intermediate stages for ultimate versatility, especially in stereo-pairs.
Boutique 7-Pin GAC-7 Tube-Microphone Cable from Gotham Switzerland
Using vintage-correct construction methods and highly upgraded components, the 16.4', 7-pin mic cable achieves near-perfect signal transfer.
Vintage Hard Carrying Case for All Components
Safely transport your mic anywhere with the custom, ultra-durable, vintage-vibe tweed carrying case.
- Solo vocalists
- Piano (stereo pairs)
- Room mic
- Guitar and bass amp mic (close and distant)
- Choral/group vocals
- String sections
- Primary Applications: Studio Recording
- Form Factor: Large Diaphragm Mic
- Intended Sound Sources: Vocals, Electric Guitar, Electric Bass, Piano, Instrument, Strings, Choir, Room Ambiance
- Sound Field: Mono
- Capsule: 2 x Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Figure-8, Multi-Directional, Omnidirectional
- Pattern Selection: Switched (Adjustable on Power Supply)
- Orientation: Side Address
- Circuitry: Tube (12AX7/ECC83)
- Frequency Range: 30 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 149 dB SPL
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 73 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: 32 dB A-Weighted
- Output Connectors (Analog): 1 x XLR 3-Pin Male (on Power Supply)
- Cable Length: 16.4' / 5 m
- Number of Conductors: 7
- Color: Silver
- Mounting: Shockmount (Included)
- Mounting Thread Size: 5/8"-27 Female
- Included Case: Hard Case
- Construction Material: Brass
- Dimensions: ø: 2 x L: 11.6" / ø: 5 x L: 29.5 cm
- Weight: 2.43 lb / 1.1 kg (Microphone), 17 lb / 7.7 kg (Cable, Power Supply, with Mount)
- Package Weight: 19.445 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 19.6 x 19.1 x 7.1"