The Warm Audio WA-47 is a large-diaphragm tube condenser microphone designed to provide the tonal characteristics of classic U47 microphones for vocalists, musicians, and recording engineers in home, project, and commercial recording studios. Thanks to nine polar patterns—cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-8, and six intermediate patterns—selectable from the included external power supply, its versatility allows it to excel at anything from close-up vocals to distant room sounds.
The K47-style capsule reproduction features dual gold-sputtered, 6-micron Mylar diaphragms with a single backplate. Tone-enhancing components, including a JJ 5751 vacuum tube, TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) output transformer, and WIMA, Solen, and polystyrene capacitors, have been carefully selected to impart vintage-flavored tone characterized by a smooth, uncompressed high end and strong, warm low frequencies. Even the 7-pin cable, manufactured by Gotham Audio in Switzerland, rises to meet the demands of uncompromised audio production. It ensures the integrity of high frequencies and minimizes phase shift between the microphone and the power supply.
The WA-47 ships with a wood box and a shockmount, which reduces rumble and decouples it from problematic vibrations.
- Sound Field: Mono
- Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional
- Pattern Selection: Switched (Adjustable on Power Supply)
- Circuitry: Tube
- Pad: None
- High-Pass Filter: None
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 140 dB SPL
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Load Impedance: 2 Kilohms
- Dynamic Range: 130 dB A-Weighted
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 82 dB A-Weighted
- Equivalent Noise Level: 10 dB A-Weighted
- Output Connectors (Analog): 1 x XLR 7-Pin (on Mic), 1 x XLR 3-Pin (on Power Supply)
- Cable Length: 16.40' / 5 m
- AC Input Power (PSU): 115 to 230 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz
- Dimensions: ø: 3.54 x L: 10" / ø: 90 x L: 254 mm
- Weight: 9 lb / 4.08 kg
- Package Weight: 11.8 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 19 x 13.7 x 5.7"