Brought about by Warm Audio's team of expert engineers specifically for podcasters, live streamers, and broadcasters, the 512 AUDIO Limelight dynamic vocal XLR microphone offers build quality, tone, and features that extend beyond its price class. Like all of Warm Audio's pro audio gear, the Limelight mic is designed to produce a great sound without gratuitous tweaking after the recording.
It utilizes a large-diaphragm dynamic capsule and special circuity, tuned for optimal clarity and richness of speech. Even more directional than cardioid mics, the Limelight opts for a hypercardioid polar pattern to capture your voice with less background noise. If traffic-induced rumble or excessive bass from proximity effect need to be lessened, simply switch on the internal high-pass filter. As a passive dynamic mic, it needs no phantom power; just connect its XLR 3-pin output to a mic preamp with an XLR mic cable (available separately) and crank up the gain.
Clarity of Speech
Limelight is precision-tuned to focus on the frequencies that capture the richness of voice and speech, so your audience can enjoy your talk-focused content with the clarity you'd expect from a world-class broadcast facility.
Built on Legacy
Designed by an expert team of engineers and built on the vintage-inspired legacy of Warm Audio, Limelight combines a large-diaphragm dynamic capsule with special circuitry to produce smooth, clear broadcast audio with a 50 Hz to 15 kHz frequency response that's sculpted for close-range vocal duty.
More Voice and Less Noise
With a hyper-focused pickup pattern that's nearly 20% narrower than a standard cardioid microphone, Limelight captures your voice while rejecting unwanted room noise around you.
A built-in pop shield blocks intrusive plosives from consonants like p, b, and f, for an uncompromised sound and less audio cleanup in post.
The switchable 100 Hz low-frequency filter prevents unwanted noise and low-end rumble, for more control over your sound.
Included with Limelight is a 360° swivel mount, which helps you achieve perfect placement on a mic stand or boom arm.
- Primary Applications: Broadcast, Podcast
- Form Factor: Stand/Boom Mount
- Intended Sound Sources: Speech/Voice Over
- Sound Field: Mono
- Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Capsule: Dynamic
- Diaphragm: 1.1" / 28 mm
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Orientation: End Address
- Circuitry: Solid-State
- Pad: None
- High-Pass Filter: 100 Hz, 12 dB/Octave
- Tone Adjustment: None
- Gain Adjustment: None
- Indicators: None
- On-Board Controls: High-Pass Filter
- Windscreen: Built-In
- Frequency Range: 50 Hz to 15 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 138 dB SPL
- Impedance: 600 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -54 dBV/Pa at 1 kHz
- Output Connectors (Analog): 1 x XLR 3-Pin Male (on Mic)
- Headphone Connector: None
- Operating Voltage: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Color: Black
- Mounting: Mic Clip/Stand Adapter (Included)
- Included Case: Pouch
- Included Filters: None
- Dimensions: ø: 2.39 x L: 6.59" / ø: 6.07 x L: 16.74 cm
- Weight: 0.84 lb / 0.38 kg
- Package Weight: 1.52 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 9.7 x 6.7 x 4.3"