The ADI-2 is a both compact and extremely flexible 2-Channel Hi-End AD/DA-converter. The small 9.5" unit offers top notch AD/DA-conversion from/to SPDIF, AES and ADAT, at up to 192 kHz. Its ability to use SPDIF, AES and ADAT format provides outstanding compatibility. Whatever it is - simply get connected!
Key features of this extraordinary flexible converter are balanced inputs and outputs, monitoring via headphone out, SteadyClock for optimal converter quality, 3-stage hardware input and output level control, and its capability to run on a wide range of power supplied.
The ADI-2 is equipped with a balanced stereo line input via two Neutrik XLR/phones combo jacks, a balanced stereo line output with XLR plus separate and simultaneously active phone jacks, as well as an adjustable headphone output.
The analog inputs and outputs use the same circuit design as RME's famous ADI-8 DS, guaranteeing outstandingly low noise and distortion. Three different settings for the input and output levels each provide perfect compatibility on analog domain. A further highlight is SteadyClock, a proprietary clock technology for maximum jitter suppression. SteadyClock guarantees superb sound quality completely independent from the quality of the current reference clock. The ADI-2 uses the latest generation of AD/DA-converters capable of up to 192 kHz sampling frequency at S/N ratios up to 119 dBA.
But the ADI-2 has more to offer than tremendous sound, it also gives you exciting digital connectivity. Its transformer-balanced coaxial (RCA) SPDIF I/O has switchable Channel Status to make it fully AES/EBU compatible. The optical TOSLINK I/Os can handle up to 192 kHz and also serve as ADAT I/O with up to 96 kHz sample rate. You can even use SPDIF input and ADAT output or vice versa in AD/DA mode.
The clear layout and the distinct labeling of the front panel with its functional buttons, the informative status displays, a 6 LED level meter as well as the tidy functional back panel make it easy to operate the unit right out of the box. Protective rack handles and a strain-relief for power cord and audio cables are further useful details that make the ADI-2 even more unique.
- Input AD: 1/4" TRS jack and XLR via Neutrik combo jacks, servo-balanced, completely symmetrical, DC-coupled signal path
- Output AD: ADAT optical or SPDIF optical, SPDIF coaxial, AES/EBU compatible
- Input DA: ADAT optical or SPDIF optical, SPDIF coaxial, AES/EBU compatible
- Output DA: 1/4" TRS jack and XLR, servo-balanced, DC-coupled signal path
- Dynamic range AD: 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
- THD AD: < -110 dB (< 0.00032%)
- THD+N AD: < -104 dB (< 0.00063%)
- Crosstalk AD: > 110 dB
- Dynamic range DA: 116 dB RMS unweighted, 119 dBA (unmuted)
- THD DA: < -103 dB (< 0.0007 %)
- THD+N DA: < -100 dB (< 0.001 %)
- Crosstalk DA: > 110 dB
- Input/Output level, 0 dBFS @ Hi Gain: +19 dBu
- Input/Output level, 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Input/Output level, 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
- Sample rate internally: 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 128, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Sample rate externally: 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- Frequency response AD/DA, -0.1 dB: 5 Hz - 21.5 kHz (sf 48 kHz)
- Frequency response AD/DA, -0.5 dB: < 5 Hz - 43.5 kHz (sf 96 kHz)
- Frequency response AD/DA, -1 dB: < 5 Hz - 70 kHz (sf 192 kHz)
- Accepted power supply voltage DC 8 V - 28 V, AC 8 V - 20
- Dimensions 215 x 44 x 130 mm
- 1 x Stereo Analog I/O
- 1 x ADAT or SPDIF I/O (optical and coaxial, AES/EBU compatible)
- MPN: ADI2
- UPC: 874792004122