Loaded with onboard DSP, loopback channels, and surprisingly versatile I/O in a highly portable and compact form factor, the PreSonus Revelator io44 USB Type-C audio interface blends studio-quality, sonic performance, and refreshing ease of use, so podcasters, live streamers, content creators, and musicians can get great sounds in a hurry. Plus, it comes with a powerful software package that includes a DAW, a slew of virtual instruments, plug-in effects, loops, samples, and much more.
On the hardware side, the single XMAX-L preamp and 24-bit / 96 kHz converters deliver clarity and natural tonality for your microphone or electric guitar, while the separate mini-jack input accommodates a line-level source such as a DJ mixer. Whether you use the factory presets or create your own, the built-in Fat Channel processing offers pro-level impact without ever taxing your computer. Use the two loopback channels and integrated mixer to pipe in backing tracks or a call-in guest, and feed independent mixes to the main and headphone outputs.
Built to 'Cast
Flexible and versatile, the bus-powered Revelator io44 is designed for both recording and streaming. Get polished, professional results thanks to the PreSonus XMAX-L microphone preamp and onboard processing that will make your stream, podcast, or recording stand out. Revelator io44's intuitive loopback mixer makes adding backing tracks, sound effects, or Skype interviews quick and easy. Quickly record Zoom calls for your podcast, add backing tracks to your live stream performance, and more.
No-Fuss Loopback Audio
Revelator io44's simple loopback mixer makes it easy to add backing tracks to your livestream performance or conference, or add in a Zoom caller to your podcast. With two dedicated stereo channels just for loopback audio on both macOS and Windows, you'll mix and record the audio from two different applications along with your Revelator io44 inputs, all at the same time. An automatic output limiter prevents your stream from distorting.
Great Sound Made Easy
Polish your sound with dedicated onboard processing featuring the same State-Space modeled sonic enhancements as the award-winning StudioLive mixers. Professionally crafted presets make your voice or guitar stand out with a single click. Additional effects let you emulate concert halls, AM radio, or otherworldly invaders to completely transform your sound.
Proven, Professional Preamp Design
There are 25 years of studio-grade design experience inside Revelator io44. The XMAX-L mic preamp (with +48V phantom power) captures even the most complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally. And without audible distortion, your microphone can sound its best. Since the combo input jack also supports a 1/4" Hi-Z instrument source, you can plug in an electric guitar or bass directly to the interface. In addition to the XLR-1/4" combo input, the io44 offers a 3.5mm TRS stereo line input for a DJ mixer or media player.
Monitor and Headphone Outputs
With balanced 1/4" main outputs for your speakers and a high-powered 3.5mm headphone output that works with TRS headphones as well as TRRS headsets, you'll have no problem hooking up your monitors and headphones, or even a gaming headset.
When you have the right tools, any job is easier and faster to finish. That's why PreSonus included high-resolution input and output metering on the Revelator io44, allowing you to keep an eye on your input and mix levels when you're recording by yourself.
Wireless remote control via UC Surface for iPadOS, Windows, and Android devices means you get touchscreen control over all of your Revelator io44's features, processing, and the loopback mix, all at your fingertips. Just connect your favorite tablet to the same network as your computer, and you're good to go.
Whether you're on macOS or Windows, you can create custom mixes of your inputs and your applications and monitor them all at near-zero latency, so you can stream and record simultaneously.
Tools that Grow with You
PreSonus includes Studio One Artist production and recording software that makes it easy to polish your recordings with its lightning-fast drag-and-drop workflow and fully featured production environment. Whether you're recording a complete album or just adding bumpers to your podcasts, Revelator io44 and Studio One Artist give you everything you need to get professional results.
Wherever Sound Takes You
Want to take your sound with you on a gig or go mobile with an SD recorder or DSLR? No problem. Just save your favorite presets onto your Revelator, and you can use its preamp and your customized settings just like you would on your computer. Since the processing for the Revelator io44 is built in, you'll have your presets wherever sound takes you.
Studio Magic Plug-In Suite
The Studio Magic Plug-In Suite for Mac and Windows includes tutorials from Melodics, sound libraries from Ghost Hack, access to Soundsnap sound effects, seven virtual instruments, and nine popular plug-ins in VST, AU, and AAX formats.
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Display: 1 x Color
- Channels of I/O: 4 Inputs / 2 Outputs
- Maximum Sampling Rate: 96 kHz / 24-Bit
- Number of Microphone Preamps: 1 Preamp
- Built-In Microphone: None
- Input Level Adjustment: 1 x Knob
- Expansion Slots: None
- Pad: None
- Gain/Trim Range Mic Inputs: 60 dB
- Hi-Z Inputs:50 dB
- Line Inputs:40 dB
- High-Pass Filter: 24 to 1000 Hz, 12 dB/Octave (via Software)
- Solo/Mute: Mute per Master
- Analog Audio I/O: 1 x Combo XLR-1/4" TS Balanced/Unbalanced Mic/Hi-Z Input. 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Unbalanced Line Input. 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRRS Unbalanced Headset In/Out. 2 x 1/4" TRS Balanced Monitor Output
- Phantom Power: 48 V, Selectable On/Off
- Phantom Power Current: 10 mA
- Digital Audio I/O: None
- Host Connection / USB: 1 x USB Type-C
- Host Connection Protocol: USB 2.0
- USB (Non-Host): None
- Sync I/O: None
- Network I/O: None
- MIDI I/O: None
- Wireless Connectivity: None
- Frequency Response: Mic, Line, Hi-Z Inputs: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +0.1/-0.3 dB (Unity Gain)
- Monitor Outputs: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +0.1/-0.5 dB (Unity Gain)
- Headphone Outputs: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +0.1/-0.3 dB (Unity Gain)
- Maximum Input Level: Mic/Hi-Z Inputs: +10 dBu (Min Gain)
- Line Inputs: +10 dBu (Balanced, Unity Gain, 1 kHz)
- Maximum Output Level Monitor Outputs: +10 dBu
- Headphone Output Power: 30 mW per Channel into 56 Ohms
- Impedance Mic Inputs: 1.4 Kilohms (Balanced)
- Hi-Z Inputs: 750 Kilohms
- Headphone Outputs: 32 to 300 Ohms
- Dynamic Range AD/DA Converters: 96 dB
- THD+N Mic Inputs: 0.005% (1 kHz, Min Gain, -1 dBFS Input)
- Monitor Outputs: 0.003% (1 kHz, at 0 dBFS)
- EIN Mic Inputs: -128 dBu A-Weighted (150-Ohm Source, Max Gain)
- Sample Rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 kHz
- Sample Rate Conversion: None
- Bit Depths: 24-Bit
- Latency Zero-Latency: Direct Monitoring
- Sync Sources: Internal
- Memory Card Slot: None
- OS Compatibility: macOS 10.13 or Later, Windows 10 or Later, Chrome OS, iPadOS, iOS, Android. *As of February, 2022: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
- Included Software: Studio One Artist
- Compatible Software (Not Included): Any Core Audio (Mac) Compliant Software
- Included Plug-Ins Delay: Native Instruments REPLIKA
- Dynamics: Brainworx bx_opto
- Equalization: Mäag Audio EQ2
- Guitar & Bass: Brainworx bx_rockrack
- Harmonic & Tape: Klanghelm SDRR2tube
- Reverb & Room: Lexicon MPX-i Reverb
- Special Processing: iZotope Neutron Elements
- Virtual Instruments: Arturia Analog Lab Intro
- Cherry Audio Surrealistic: MG-1 Plus
- Cherry Audio Voltage: Nucleus
- KV331 Audio Synthmaster: Player
- UJAM Virtual Bassist: ROWDY
- UVI Model: D
- Supported Drivers/API & Plug-Ins: macOS Class-Compliant (No Driver Needed), Windows Class-Compliant (No Driver Needed)
- RAM Requirements: 4 GB
- Storage Requirements: 200 MB
- Mobile Device Compatibility: iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Pro, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android Smartphone, Android Tablet
- Required Hardware: Available USB Port, USB Cable (Included)
- Internet Connection: Required for Registration, Software/Driver Download
- Power Requirements: USB Bus Power
- Anti-Theft Features: Kensington Security Slot
- Dimensions: 5.35 x 3.03 x 2.3" / 13.59 x 7.7 x 5.8 cm
- Weight: 0.8 lb / 0.4 kg