The Triad Port has a bold new look, but it is much more. This offset soundhole placement was designed to create a larger resonate surface on the guitars' tops. The Michael Kelly craftsmen then tuned the bracing, side soundholes and top to optimize this design. You are going to love the way this sounds.
The Triad Port is equipped with an active Fishman electronics system. The under saddle bridge pickup captures the full and natural sound of this great instrument.
Acoustic guitar design has not changed significantly since the pre-World War II era. For several years now, the Michael Kelly team has been working on a fresh new approach to acoustic guitars. This has culminated with the development of the new Port Technology. At the core of this innovation is an offset soundhole approach coupled with an all new bracing design. Traditional soundhole placement interrupts a potentially potent “soundboard” area located between the neck and the bridge. By relocating the soundhole, Michael Kelly was able to bring this area to life, providing a louder and more resonate overall top performance. This performance enhancement is especially evident on models with integrated electronics where the added resonance collaborates with the bridge mounted piezo for undeniably better results.
ZERO PIN BRIDGE
It always happens at the worst possible time — you break a string at a gig. What if you could radically shorten the time it takes to change your string? The Michael Kelly Zero Pin Bridge makes that possible.
Our innovative Zero Pin Bridge allows players to change a string without tools and without the stress of losing or breaking pins. A quick slide into the specially-designed groove makes the inevitable string change as quick and easy as possible!
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Back Material: Triad 3-Piece Exotic Wood Back, Flamed Okume & Ovangkol
- Side Material: Flamed Okoume
- Binding: Real Flame Maple
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ovangkol
- Fretboard Radius: 12 Inch / 30.48 cm
- Number of Frets: 20
- Inlays: Mini Dots, with Triad 12th
- Headstock: Traditional MK Acoustic
- Scale Length 25.5 in / 647.7 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Comfort C
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Type: Standard
- Nut Width: 1 11/16" / 43 mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXP16 Coated Phosphor Bronze, Light, 12-53
- Electronics: Fishman Preamp and Pickup
- Tuning Keys: MK Diecast
- Bridge Type: Zero-End Pin
- Special "Port" offset soundhole placement with Port bracing to enhance top resonance.
- Extreme cutaway body shape that provides enhanced access to upper frets and great balance
- Side soundhole for added air movement and a great new tone for the player.