Active enclosure with unprecedented power and bandwidth.
The PRX700 Series represents an evolutionary step in powered speaker design. Efficient amplifier power, rugged durability and enhanced versatility combine together in a self-powered loudspeaker designed from the ground up to perform in the real world of sound reinforcement. Inconvenient audio environments, high ambient noise levels and loud volumes are typical features of performing, and the PRX700 Series is adept at meeting all of these challenges. They are the first systems to use JBL's patented Differential Drive technology with ferrite drivers featuring high power, wide bandwidth and low distortion. Versatile, scalable, easy-to-transport and set up, the PRX700 Series use JBL's tour tested technology throughout for a lifetime of reliable performance you can trust.
The JBL PRX712 is a powered two-way enclosure with a 1500-watts of Class D power. The clarity of this enclosure relative to its volume is revolutionary. JBL's Differential Drive technology incorporates lower mass in the ferrite magnet for reduced weight while maximizing power amp efficiency for greater heat dissipation and increased power handling.
PRX712 is a compact and versatile speaker in the PRX700 Series. It has been designed to deliver maximum performance for its weight and size as both a stage monitor and a front of house main PA. Two user selectable EQ settings are provided to optimize the system for either application. With a dual socket pole mount the PRX712 is a perfect match with a PRX718XLF subwoofer, offering a high performance self-powered sub/sat system.
The PRX712 is comprised of a 12" Differential Drive® woofer, a 2408H-1, 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn, all driven by 1500 watt Class-D digital power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
All PRX700 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX700 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™ finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
The amplifier input panel offers XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and limiter lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level via the level control knob.
- Light weight
- High power
- Low distortion
- High output
- Power Rating : 1500 W
- AC Power Input : 100V - 240V~ 50/60 Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) Main : 44.8 Hz – 19.6 kHz
- Monitor : 44.8 Hz – 19.5 kHz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB) Main : 55.7 Hz – 18.2 kHz
- Monitor : 56.5 Hz – 17.7 kHz
- Coverage Pattern : 90° x 50° nominal
- Directivity Index (DI) : 10.2 dB
- Directivity Factor (Q) : 10.4
- Crossover Frequency : 1.8 kHz
- Maximum SPL Normal : 135 dB
- Boost : 135 dB
- Signal Indicators : Limit: Yellow LED indicates peak output has been reached and dsp
- limiter is acting
- Signal : Green LED indicates signal present
- Power/Standby : Blue indicates system has power and ready to pass audio,
- Red indicates system has power but is in a power saving mode and will not
- pass audio.
- Dynamic Control (Input) : dbx Type IV™ limiter circuit
- Input Impedance : 20K Ohms (balanced), 10K Ohms (unbalanced)
- LF Driver : 1 x JBL 272G 305mm (12 in) woofer
- HF Driver : 1 x JBL 2408H-2 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver
- Enclosure : Asymmetrical, 18 mm, plywood
- Suspension / Mounting : Dual 36 mm pole socket, 12 x M10 Suspension Points
- Transport : 1 x injection molded handles with backing cup
- Finish : Obsidian DuraFlex™ finish
- Grille Powder coated, Obsidian, 16 gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent black cloth backing.
- Input Connectors : 2 x Balanced XLR / 1/4 inch input, 2 x unbalanced RCA input
- Output Connectors : 1 male XLR balanced output
- Dimensions : (H x W x D)612.394 mm x 384.556 mm x 341.376 mm(24.11 in x 15.14 in x 13.44 in)
- Net Weight : 19.4 kg (42.5 lb.)
- MPN : PRX712
- UPC : 50036904438