The PR 28 from Heil Sound is a professional-quality dynamic microphone ideal for use with drums. The mic has a large dynamic element with a cardioid pickup pattern to reject off-axis noise. A shockmount inside the mic's die-cast alloy body provides excellent isolation for the mic element. The mic offers a wide frequency response, with a +4dB rise around 4kHz to improve the presence of tom drums without needing outboard EQ.
The PR 28 is compatible with the patent-pending HH-1 tom drum mounting system (sold separately), which mounts right onto the rim of a tom or snare.
- Robust die-cast alloy body
- Large 1.25" dynamic element
- Internal shockmount for excellent isolation
- Cardioid pickup pattern rejects off-axis sounds
- High SPL capability captures loud sound sources without distortion
- Capsule: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 40 Hz to 16 kHz
- Impedance: 600 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -72 dB
- Output Connectors (Analog): 1 x XLR 3-Pin