Earthworks 521 ZDT Single-Channel Mic Preamplifier for 500 Series Racks (1 RU Space)
- INTERNATIONAL BUYERS
- ELECTRONIC DELIVERY
- PROCESSING TIME
- CALL FOR IN-HAND DESCRIPTION
Based on the ZDT Preamp technology designed by David Blackmer, the 1 RU space 521 ZDT Single-Channel Mic Preamplifier from Earthworks brings the exacting standards of the Zero Distortion Technology preamplifiers to the convenient 500 series format.
The solid-state 521 ZDT Preamplifier features switchable phantom power, polarity invert, and peak amplitude clip detection. The transformerless output stage of the 521 ZDT preamplifier can easily drive long cable runs without loss of quality, making it suitable for remote recordings. Transparent gain is switchable from 5 to 60 dB in 5 dB steps.
The Earthworks microphone preamplifier topology provides strong common mode rejection, a high overload margin, and a low noise floor, combined with the wide bandwidth of the ZDT preamplifiers (1 Hz to 200 kHz +0.5 dB), and distortion of less than one part per million (0.0001%). This level of performance is maintained over an extensive range of impedances applied to the input, making the 521 ZDT preamplifier suitable for practically any microphone—ribbon, dynamic, or condenser.
- Clean, uncolored 500 series preamplifier for standard 500 series racks (required; sold separately)
- Zero distortion, less than 1 ppm (>0.0001%)
- Solid state, transformerless
- Switchable 48V phantom power
- Polarity invert switch
- Peak amplitude clip detection
- Transparent gain switchable from 5 to 60 dB in 5 dB steps
- High output level of +30 dBu
- Fully differential (balanced) from input to output (i.e., no internal conversion to single-ended)
- All discrete components; Class A amplification (no ICs and electrolytic capacitors in signal path)
- Greater transparency with minimum signal path and features
- Low noise floor
- Wide bandwidth
- Suitable for most ribbon, dynamic, or condenser microphones
- Preamplifier Type: Solid state
- Number of Channels 1
- Frequency Response 2 Hz to 100 kHz ± 0.1 dB1 Hz to 200 kHz ± 0.5 dB
- Impulse Response 1.4 µs
- Distortion XLR Out: less than 1 ppm (0.0001%)1/4' Out: 0.001%
- Input Noise 1.6 nV/Hz½ at 20 dB gain0.6 nV/Hz½ at 60 dB gain
- EIN -132 dBV at 20 dB gain-143 dBV at 60 dB gain
- Slew Rate 22 V/µs
- Output DC Offset: ±1 mV typical, servo balanced
- Input / Output Connectors 500 series EDAC Edge connector
- Input Impedance XLR: 10 kΩ phantom on100 kΩ phantom off
- Front Panel Balanced Out: 1/4' TRS XLR female, balanced, transformerless (variable)
- Dimensions One 500 series rack space: 1.50 x 5.25 x 6.00' (38.10 x 133.35 x 152.40 mm)
- MPN: 521
- UPC: 827517317090
Audio MIDI Plus is committed to deliver the best experience for our customers. If for some reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a refund of the purchase price, an exchange or a store credit within 30 days from the ship date.
In the unlikely event that you received a defective product, a wrong product, or damaged product, Audio MIDI Plus will replace it at no charge of any additional shipping cost. We will send you a prepaid label to return the item, and ship you a replacement. You will not incur any shipping charges. Please notify us of any of damaged, defective or misshipped products within 14 days.
After 30 days, you may request manufacturer warranty if your item malfunctions. Unless otherwise specified, Audio MIDI Plus is an authorized dealer for all the brands we represent.
How to request a return:
Please email us or call us to obtain a RMA number. All returns must be in a re-sellable condition and include all packing materials, accessories and paperwork. We may apply a restocking fee if the returned products fall into these following categories:
- Missing original packaging, manuals, accessories, or any contents that was included
- RMA number was not associated with the return
- Items not in original like new condition
Please send all returns to:
Audio MIDI Plus Returns
3725 Saddle Drive,
Carlsbad, CA 92010
The following items are not returnable, unless received DOA, in which we will send a replacement:
- Electronic Delivery of Software
- Special orders
Items that fall into the in mouth and in ear use category, such as mouthpieces, earphones, ear plugs, harmonicas, cannot be returned due to health regulations
Thank You for shopping with us!
If your item is eligible for shipment outside of the United States, Tax, Duty, and/or VAT and brokerage fees are the buyer's sole responsibility. Please check with your local authorities to assess these extra fees.
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
International Friends: If you refuse a delivery due to Tax and/or Duty, we reserve the right to refund you only when the package is successfully returned back to us, and MINUS all shipping charges
Most software items are now Electronic Delivery Only. Once payment is received, we will Email you the necessary codes and/or download links. Please be sure to check your junk mail and spam folders for this Email.
While most items are in stock either in our retail store or fulfillment warehouse in Carlsbad, CA, in some cases items may need to be ordered and/or drop shipped from the manufacturer. Please allow 3-10 days for order processing, fulfillment, and setup, as well as transit and delivery time. Tracking will be available within 48 hours in most cases.
Please call us at (844) 577-4502 10AM-6PM PT M-S for an IN-HAND description of the item that you are interested in. We are always happy to help, and look forward to speaking with you if needed. Live Skype may also be available for you.