Built to serve podcasters, streamers, YouTube content creators, and voice-over artists aspiring to reach the pro level, the Blue Blackout Spark SL condenser microphone utilizes a custom large-diaphragm capsule and Class-A JFET electronics to deliver a rich sound with the kind of detail needed to be competitive in the online world of audio. Further elevating its professional nature is the vibration-absorbing shockmount and selectable onboard settings. The Blackout Spark SL is not only well suited for speech capture, but also for singing and rap vocals.
Use the 100 Hz low-cut filter to attenuate bass buildup and increase intelligibility, which is especially important when the mic is close to the mouth. For creators who tend to shout or exclaim loudly, the -20 dB pad is perfect for keeping the sound clear and free of distortion. The mic's cardioid polar pattern rejects a good deal of sound behind the mic, allowing it to pick up less room ambience and background noise than many other polar responses. The Blackout Spark SL can be connected to any XLR mic input that is capable of sending 48V phantom power.
From Studio to Streaming
For more than two decades, artists and studios around the world have trusted Blue XLR microphones, and many elite podcasters, gaming teams, and Twitch streamers use Blue mics to achieve professional-level audio performance. Create podcasts that stand out from the rest, elevate your gaming and streaming to the competitive level, and enhance your YouTube videos with Blue.
Inside the Sound
At the heart of Blackout Spark SL's sound is Blue's custom JFET design, which ensures the capsule's backplate is evenly charged and delivering consistent, detailed, and transparent sound at all times. Blackout Spark SL also features discreet Class-A circuitry to maintain a pure signal. Add Blackout Spark SL to your next game stream to achieve pristine broadcast studio sound and blow away your audience.
Switch to Versatility
Blackout Spark SL features a 100 Hz high-pass filter and a -20 dB pad to bring professional versatility to your projects. Things getting intense on your stream? Use the -20 dB pad to keep your voice clear, crisp, and free of distortion. Experiencing rumble or other low noises from your desktop? Flip the 100 Hz high-pass filter and start recording. Blackout Spark SL's flexibility makes it easy to produce detailed audio during any application.
- Primary Applications: Studio Recording, Podcast
- Form Factor: Large Diaphragm Mic / Stand/Boom Mount
- Intended Sound Sources: Vocals, Speech/Voice Over
- Sound Field: Mono
- Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Orientation: Side Address
- Circuitry: Solid-State (JFET)
- Pad: -20 dB
- High-Pass Filter: 100 Hz, 12 dB/Octave
- Tone Adjustment: None
- Gain Adjustment: None
- Indicators: None
- On-Board Controls: High-Pass Filter, Pad
- Windscreen: None
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 136 dB SPL (1 kHz, .5% THD)
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Load Impedance: ≥ 1000 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 34.9 mV/Pa at 1 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 119.6 dB A-Weighted
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 73 dB A-Weighted
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16.4 dB A-Weighted
- Output Connectors (Analog): 1 x XLR 3-Pin Male (on Mic)
- Headphone Connector: None
- Bus Power: None
- Operating Voltage: 48 V (Phantom Power)
- Color: Black
- Mounting: Shockmount (Included)
- Included Case: Hard Case
- Included Filters: None