- For Instruments / Studio and Live Stage
- Small-Diaphragm Capsule, 48V Phantom
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- 220° Swivel-Joint Mechanism
- 154 dB Maximum SPL
- Selectable 10 dB Pad
- Low-Cut Filter at 40 and 80 Hz
- Handmade in Vienna
The Austrian Audio OC7 is a cardioid, true condenser small-diaphragm microphone that utilizes the company's proprietary Open Acoustics technology to capture an open and transparent instrument sound in the studio or live on stage. Great for musicians and sound techs, it features a swivel-joint mechanism that simplifies the process of making fine adjustments to microphone angles by a few degrees without losing their position completely. With a wide 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response and capable of handling up to 154 dB of SPL, the OC7 is ideally suited for use on instruments that have particularly lively transients, including all kinds of percussion like snare drums and toms, but also piano and acoustic guitar. The open, silky sound also lends itself for use on various string instruments. The mic is handmade in Vienna and subjected to the strictest quality assurance processes.
Consistent Sound with Linear-Cardioid Polar Pattern
Precise directionality is a prerequisite for the targeted alignment of a microphone. The OC7 use Austrian Audio's Open Acoustics technology to deliver a linear-cardioid polar pattern that captures sound not only from the front but also the "bleed" from the rear or side, evenly and undistorted. This ensures that even the sometimes-unavoidable crosstalk from other instruments still sounds good.
Sturdy Microphone for the Stage or Studio
The OC7's true condenser capsule is perfectly protected by the microphone basket, allowing it to be safely positioned, even in places where the microphone might be subjected to knocks.
The mic features a 2nd order high-pass filter with switchable frequencies at of 40 and 80 Hz.
With an outstanding 154 dB SPL (>160 dB SPL with pad), the OC7 is extremely resistant to overload. A -10 dB pad, which lowers sensitivity by reducing the capsule voltage, enables you to use the mic in front of the loudest sound sources.
Versatile Swivel-Joint Mechanism
Austrian Audio's engineers have developed a swivel system for the microphone basket that allows a 220° rotation of the field. The microphone can be very easily aligned precisely to the sound source or according to personal sound preferences without having to awkwardly adjust or loosen the microphone stand—frustrations such as microphones falling off or fingers pinched on the stand are now a thing of the past.
- Primary Applications: Live Sound, Studio Recording
- Form Factor: Stand/Boom Mount
- Intended Sound Sources: Acoustic Guitar, Piano, Drums, Percussion, Toms, Instrument, Strings
- Sound Field: Mono
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Orientation: End Address
- Circuitry: Solid-State
- Pad: -10 dB
- High-Pass Filter: 40 Hz, 80 Hz
- On-Board Controls: Pad
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 154 dB SPL, 164 dB SPL (with Pad)
- Impedance: 275 Ohms
- Load Impedance: > 1 Kilohms
- Sensitivity: 10 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level: 19 dB SPL A-Weighted
- Output Connectors (Analog): 1 x XLR 3-Pin Male (on Mic)
- Operating Voltage: 48 V (Phantom Power)
- Operating Current Consumption: 2 mA
- Mounting: Mic Clip/Stand Adapter (Included)
In the Box:
- Austrian Audio OC7 Cardioid True Condenser Small-Diaphragm Instrument Microphone
- Austrian Audio OCH8 Microphone Clip for OC818 or OC18 Microphone
- MSC2 Case