- For Miking Acoustic Instruments
- Cardioid Pattern Lowers Background Noise
- Selectable Pad at -10 or -20 dB
- Selectable 60/120 Hz High-Pass Filter
- Capsule Inspired by Legendary CK1
- Robust Gold-Coated Diaphragm
- Transformerless for Classic Sound
- Durable Metal Construction
- Includes Mic Clip, Windscreen, and Case
- 48V Phantom Powered
Designed by a team of former AKG personnel, the Austrian Audio CC8 small-diaphragm condenser microphone offers smooth and detailed audio capture that's ideal for recording acoustic instruments, such as piano, acoustic guitar, violins, and percussion, in personal studios and commercial recording facilities. The CK1-inspired capsule features a durable, gold-coated diaphragm and a precise cardioid polar pattern, which yields reliable on-axis directivity and reduced pickup of background noise at the rear and sides of the mic.
Switches are provided on the back of the CC8 for easy access to the pad and roll-off settings. Set the pad to -10 or -20 dB to avoid distortion when miking loud sources such as drums or guitar cabinets. Activate the high-pass filter at 60 or 120 Hz for attenuation of low-frequency problems including rumble and proximity effect. Every CC8 is produced to a tolerance of ±0.5 dB at 1 kHz to enable tonal consistency and convenient matching with any other CC8.
Heritage and Legacy
- Austrian Audio's core team comprises former AKG (Vienna) personnel.
- Patents held in multiple disciplines
- Developed some of the world’s best-selling microphones and headphones, which became industry standards
- Extensive practical knowledge and ODM (Original Design Manufacturing) work in pro audio, consumer, and automotive acoustics
- Leaders in many engineering disciplines, including acoustics, audio electronics, DSP, firmware, mechanical, noise cancelling, software, test and measurement, and transducer
- At the heart of the Austrian Audio CC8 microphone beats the newly developed OCC7 condenser capsule. Inspired by the legendary CK1, the OCC7 delivers all the benefits of that classic design updated to meet the demands of today.
- The capsule’s 3 micron-thick, gold-coated, polyethylene naphthalate (PEN) diaphragm is much more robust than conventional Mylar alternatives. The fabric filter ensures constant broadband cancellation, attenuating sound coming from the sides and rear, resulting in outstanding cardioid characteristics.
- The OCC7 capsule and transformerless output give the CC8 a remarkably linear frequency response, handling extremely high sound pressure levels of up to 156 dB without distorting. Combined with a very low self-noise of only 16 dBA, this results in an exceptional dynamic range.
- The CC8 excels in capturing the fast transient and spatial information required for an accurate recording. It sounds natural and open without becoming harsh or spiky, even at extreme volumes. The mids and highs are silky smooth, never exaggerated.
- With quieter sources such as a soft stringed instrument or a voice, the CC8's low self-noise comes into its own, and the nuances of the performance are captured with outstanding detail and clarity.
- Before leaving the factory, each microphone is measured and tuned (in Austrian Audio's special in-house anechoic chamber) to a minimum tolerance of maximum ±0.5 dB sensitivity at 1 kHz. This means that any CC8 can be match-paired with any other, regardless of production dates
- Small-diaphragm microphones are particularly popular for the detailed recording of various acoustic instruments found in classical ensembles and jazz formations, such as stringed instruments, woodwinds, brass, and orchestral percussion. Plus, they are commonly used on instruments found in all genres like acoustic guitar, piano, snares, hi-hat, and entire drum sets (when used as overheads).
- The CC8’s small dimensions allow targeted positioning, even in tight and difficult places, both in the studio and on stage.
- Tight factory calibration (±0.5 dB at 1 kHz) allows out-of-the box matching with any other CC8
- Best-in-class off-axis response
- True condenser technology
- Transformerless design for a classic sound
- High-precision cardioid pattern reduces pickup of ambience
- Metal housing, cap, and grille
- Switchable 12 dB/octave high-pass filter at 60 or 120 Hz
- Selectable pad (-10 or -20 dB)
- XLR 3-pin output connector
- 48V phantom powered
- Includes a mic clip, a windscreen for mitigating noise from breaths and blasts of air, and a protective carry case
- Made in Austria
- Primary Applications: Live Sound, Studio Recording
- Form Factor: Stand/Boom Mount
- Intended Sound Sources: Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Bass, Piano, Drums, Percussion, Cymbals, Overhead, Brass, Woodwinds, Strings
- Sound Field: Mono
- Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Orientation: End Address
- Circuitry: Solid-State
- Pad: -10 dB, -20 dB
- High-Pass Filter: 60 Hz, 12 dB/Octave, 120 Hz, 12 dB/Octave
- Tone Adjustment: None
- Gain Adjustment: None
- Indicators: None
- On-Board Controls: High-Pass Filter, Pad
- Windscreen: Foam (Included)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 156 dB SPL
- Impedance: 275 Ohms
- Load Impedance: > 1000 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 15 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16 dB A-Weighted
- Output Connectors (Analog): 1 x XLR 3-Pin Male (on Mic)
- Headphone Connector: None
- Operating Voltage: 48 V (Phantom Power)
- Operating Current Consumption: 3 mA
- Color: Gray
- Mounting: Mic Clip/Stand Adapter (Included)
- Included Case: Hard Case
- Included Filters: None
- Construction Material: Metal
In the Box:
- Austrian Audio CC8 Small-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Austrian Audio OCH8 Microphone Clip for OC818 or OC18 Microphone
- CCW8 Windscreen
- Carry Case