Podcasters, musicians, producers, and content creators can benefit from the Audient EVO 4, a desktop 2x2 USB audio interface that makes capturing high-quality audio effortless. It features two warm EVO mic preamps, a JFET Hi-Z input for instruments, and Smartgain automatic gain control. Plus, its two 1/4" monitor outputs and headphone output are perfect for connecting your speakers and headphones for monitoring.
The EVO 4's large knob provides convenient control of levels for your monitors, headphones, and channels, while the multifunction buttons enable easy muting of the inputs and headphone output. The audio loopback function makes it possible to record computer audio at the same time as the inputs—a welcome feature for podcasters who need to capture remote guests via Skype or other VoIP apps.
DAW software, virtual instruments, samples, cabinet simulation, and more are included to get you started on your path toward achieving polished productions. Because the unit is bus-powered, you can power it straight from your computer; you never need to worry about accidentally forgetting or unplugging a power supply. It includes a USB Type-C to Type-A cable to connect to your Mac/Windows computer. USB Type-C and USB Type-C to Lightning cables are available separately to expand connectivity options.
High-Quality Audio Performance
Building on Audient's 20+ years of audio design experience, the EVO 4 gives you premium audio quality—58 dB gain range, -128 dB mic pre EIN, and 113 dB dynamic range—on your desktop; something that benefits content creators, producers, and instrumentalists in home studios or on the go.
2-Channel Input Section
Record panel podcasts or several musicians through the warm, accurate EVO preamps and high-performance AKM converters. The EVO 4 features two XLR-1/4" combo mic/line inputs and a 1/4" Hi-Z JFET instrument input to handle a variety of sources from dynamic and condenser mics to electric guitars and outboard preamps.
Stereo Headphone Out and Two Monitor Outputs
With two balanced 1/4" monitor outputs and a 1/4" headphone output, the EVO 4 can act as the central hub for your main speakers and headphones. Plus, the touch points and large rotary control provide intuitive access to volume adjustments for the outputs.
Connecting a set of headphones to either of the headphone ports will automatically mute the corresponding speaker outputs, making switching between loudspeaker monitoring and headphone monitoring quick and seamless.
Make sure you capture everything perfectly with Smartgain mode. Start playing or singing and Smartgain mode will automatically set the level of your microphones. You can even perfectly match and adjust gain to two channels simultaneously.
All of EVO 4's advanced features are powered directly from your computer via USB, letting you start recording on the go, whenever inspiration strikes.
- Record your computer's audio
- Record guest Skype/video calls
- Record gaming audio
- Smart Touchpoints: Control your speakers, headphones, and channels all using the volume encoder.
- Monitor Mix: Leave latency behind. Blend between your inputs and DAW playback to reduce latency when recording.
- Monitor Pan: Pan your inputs and DAW playback left or right and create the perfect headphone balance for recording.
- Switchable Phantom Power: Individually switch 48V phantom power on/off for each channel and give your microphones the power they need.
- Multifunction Buttons: Channels 1-2 and output volume button can quickly be muted by holding them down until they begin to flash.
- Software Control: Set the gain of your mic preamps using your DAW (with compatible software). Your settings will also be stored in your session.
- Steinberg Cubase LE and Cubasis LE 2: Turn your Mac/Windows computer into an easy-to-use music studio with all the basic tools for recording, editing, and mixing everything from the initial musical idea to the final track.
- Steinberg Retrologue 2: This virtual instrument emulates the warmth and fatness of classic analog synthesizers, producing a wealth of sounds that will inspire you time and again.
- Waldorf Edition 2 LE: Software emulations of three classic Waldorf products, including the legendary synth PPG Wave 2 drum module, Attack, and D-pole filter.
- Two Notes Torpedo Wall of Sound: A speaker and miking simulation plug-in with eight carefully selected cab emulations, including emulations of MesaBoogie, Fender, and Ampeg.
- GForce M-Tron Pro LE: An industry-standard emulation of the classic Mellotron tape playback keyboard.
- The Sample Boutique from Loopmasters: Over 2GB of drum loops, synth loops, vocal loops, and more.
- Produce Like a Pro: Three free online courses full of valuable insight and techniques.
- Subitopiano: Get 20 minutes of time (at no extra cost) recording your MIDI tracks on a real grand piano through a specifically designed and fully automated studio, all over the web.
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Display: 1 x Multi-Segment LED Meter
- Channels of I/O Analog: 2 Inputs / 2 Outputs at 96 kHz
- Maximum Sampling Rate: 96 kHz / 24-Bit
- Number of Microphone Preamps: 2 Preamps
- Input Level Adjustment: 2 x Automatic, 1 x Knob
- Expansion Slots: None
- Pad: None
- Gain/Trim Range Mic/Line/Hi-Z Inputs: 58 dB
- High-Pass Filter: None
- Solo/Mute: Mute per Input Channel, Master
- Analog Audio I/O: 2 x Combo XLR-1/4" TRS Balanced Mic/Line Input, 1 x 1/4" TS Unbalanced Hi-Z Input
- 2 x 1/4" TRS Balanced Monitor Output, 1 x 1/4" TRS Unbalanced Headphone Output
- Phantom Power: 48 V ± 4 V, Selectable On/Off (Selectable on Individual Inputs)
- Phantom Power Current: 10 mA per Channel
- Digital Audio I/O: None
- Host Connection / USB: 1 x USB Type-C
- Host Connection Protocol: USB 2.0
- USB (Non-Host): None
- Sync I/O: None
- Network I/O: None
- MIDI I/O: None
- Wireless Connectivity: None
- Frequency Response Mic Inputs: 10 Hz to 40 kHz ±0.5 dB, Line, Hi-Z Inputs: 10 Hz to 20 kHz ±0.5 dB
- A/D Converters: 10 Hz to fs/2 ±0.5 dB
- D/A Converters: 10 Hz to fs/2 ±0.5 dB
- Headphone Outputs: 10 Hz to fs/2 ±0.5 dB
- Maximum Input Level Mic Inputs: +16 dBu
- Hi-Z Inputs: +10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level D/A Converters: +11 dBu
- Headphone Output Power: 45 mW into 30 Ohms (Max), 52 mW into 60 Ohms (Max), 20 mW into 600 Ohms (Max)
- Impedance Mic Inputs: > 3 Kilohms (Balanced)
- Line Inputs: > 10 Kilohms (Balanced)
- Hi-Z Inputs: 1 Megohm (Unbalanced)
- Dynamic Range AD/DA Converters: 113 dBA
- SNR Mic/Line/Hi-Z Inputs: 100 dB
- THD+N A/D Converters: < 0.001% (1 kHz, at -1 dBFS)
- D/A Converters: < 0.0015% (1 kHz, at -1 dBFS)
- Headphone Outputs: < 0.0015% (1 kHz, at -1 dBFS)
- Hi-Z Inputs: < 0.3% (1 kHz)
- Mic/Line Inputs: < 0.0015% (1 kHz)
- Crosstalk Mic/Line Inputs: < -105 dBu
- Monitor Outputs: < 110 dBu
- Headphone Outputs: < -110 dBu
- Inputs: -105 dBu
- EIN Mic/Line Inputs: < -128 dB
- CMRR Mic/Line Inputs: > 85 dB
- dBFS Reference Level Inputs: +8 dBu = 0 dBFS
- Outputs: +11 dBu = 0 dBFS
- Sample Rates: Up to 96 kHz
- Sample Rate Conversion: None
- Bit Depths: Up to 24-Bit
- Latency: 5 ms at 44.1 kHz (Dependent on Buffer Size, Input to Output), 4.1 ms at 96 kHz (Dependent on Buffer Size, Input to Output)
- Sync Sources: Internal
- Memory Card Slot: None
- OS Compatibility: macOS 10.7.5 or Later, Windows 7 or Later (32/64-Bit) iOS 6 or Later. *As of November, 2021: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
- Included Software: Cubase LE
- Compatible Software (Not Included): Any Core Audio (Mac) Compliant Software
- Supported Drivers/API & Plug-Ins: Core Audio (Mac) ASIO
- Processor Requirement Mac: Intel, PC: 1.6 GHz Intel Core 2 AMD
- RAM Requirements: 1 GB
- Required Hardware: Available USB 2.0 Port. USB Cable (Included)
- Internet Connection: Required for Registration, Software/Driver Download