The Symphony I/O Mk II HD 16x16 from Apogee Electronics is designed for the Pro Tools HD user who needs to connect directly to a Pro Tools HDX, Pro Tools HD Native, or Pro Tools Core/Accel system. The interface can be utilized alongside, or in place of Avid or Digidesign interfaces, and appears and functions in Pro Tools HD the same if it were a separate Avid HD I/O interface. The system consists of the Symphony I/O Chassis outfitted with the 16x16 Mk II - Analog In/Out Digital Module and the HD Option Card.
The front-panel touchscreen offers convenient access to nearly every setting including sample rate, clock source, headphone and speaker output levels, meters for all I/O and section navigation, as well as input levels, digital I/O, and configuration settings. The rear panel provides access to the additional I/O Module slot for adding another optional I/O card. Also included are Wordclock I/O connectors and termination, the HD Option Card, and a quiet, digitally controlled fan to keep everything running cool.
The 16x16 Mk II Module offers sixteen channels of analog input and sixteen channels of analog output for the Symphony I/O Mk II. Additionally, two channels of coaxial S/PDIF input and output are also provided. The A/D circuit has been refined to offer a streamlined circuit design, resulting in the most transparent signal path to the A/D stage possible. A dual-sum A/D stage is utilized where two conversion stages are summed for each analog channel, offering the lowest distortion and the greatest dynamic range of any A/D converter Apogee has ever designed.
The D/A section has been optimized with a more powerful and robust output driver that is capable of driving virtually any input without a decrease in performance, regardless of the load presented by the connected gear. The analog inputs and outputs are offered on DB25 connectors and require optional breakout cables, available in various configurations to suit individual requirements.
- Legendary AD/DA conversion
- Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O with optional 8 mic preamps
- Ultra-low latency performance
- Intuitive touchscreen display and front panel control
- Option card slot for future platform flexibility
- Dynamic Temperature Control
- Designed in California, built in the U.S.A.
- ADC THD+N: -114 dB @ 22 dBu (0.00020%)
- Dynamic Range: 122 dB (A weighted)
- Maximum Input Levels: +4 dB Setting: +24 dBu -10dB Setting: +6 dBV
- Frequency Response at 44.1 kHz: 1 Hz to 20 kHz (±0.05 dB)
- Input impedance: 10 kOhms
- DAC THD+N: -117 dB @ 21 dBu (0.00014%)
- Dynamic Range: 129 dB (A weighted)
- Max Output Levels: -∞ to +24 dBu
- Frequency Response at 44.1 kHz: DC to 20 kHz (±0.05 dB)
- Output Impedance: 25 Ohms
- Outputs are balanced through Apogee's proprietary Perfect Symmetry Circuitry (PSC)
- Headphone Stereo Headphone Output (Front Panel): 1/4" / 6.35 mm
- THD+N: -110 dB @ 19 dBu into 600 Ohm (=80 mW) -101 dB @ 14 dBu into 32 Ohm (=470 mW)
- Dynamic Range: 121 dB (A weighted)
- Output: Apogee's proprietary Constant Current Drive provides smooth frequency response with any headphones
- System Requirements Computer: Thunderbolt-equipped Mac
- Memory: 4 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB RAM recommended OS X 10.9.5 or greater. Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Power: 90 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 150 W